Thursday, January 7, 2010

Introduction

"Oh that's cool, what are you doing there"

I am currently doing my Master's at MIT. The Master's program I am doing is centered around a concept called iLabs. In a nutshell, iLabs are laboratory experiments that you can configure, design and execute over the internet. Some major benefits of iLabs over traditional labs are: less hardware, less monitoring and availability to use expensive laboratory equipment at other universities. So, it saves money. Several universities use it around the world: the University of Queensland in Australia (where I was for the summer) and three African universities.

During my travel, I will be travelling to those three universities and Nairobi, Kenya where I have to meet an evaluator for the program. The evaluator writes the recommendation that convinces the Carnegie foundation to fund the program including covering my tuition and travel. Yes, my entire journey is all expense paid. Hallelujah.

Ain't nothing to do it but to do it. Africa, here I come. Sasa Tanzania. Twende party Kenya. Karibu Uganda. Naija, o ka re.

No comments:

Post a Comment